The 57th International Art Exhibition, entitled VIVA ARTE VIVA and curated by Christine Macel, is organised by La Biennale di Venezia. The Biennale Arte 2017 exhibition is spread across the Giardini and the Arsenale venues.
“VIVA ARTE VIVA is an exclamation, a passionate outcry for art and the state of the artist. VIVA ARTE VIVA is a Biennale designed with artists, by artists and for artists.” Christine Macel
The British Council is delighted to support the participation of the following artists from the UK in the central exhibition:
- Rasheed Araeen (Arsenale)
- Salvatore Arancio (Arsenale)
- Karla Black (Arsenale)
- Martin Cordiano (Arsenale)
- John Latham (Giardini)
- Mondrian Fan Club (David Medalla & Adam Nankervis) (Giardini)
- Francis Upritchard (Arsenale)
- Cerith Wyn Evans (Giardini)
Follow #BiennaleArte2017 on Twitter and Instagram for updates.